Slinky the dog is a household name, especially when it comes to Toy Story. Slinky Dog Dash officially opens June 30, 2018 at Toy Story Land, and to celebrate I created this Slinky Dog Dash Milkshake!
Ingredients To Make Slinky Dog Ice Transfer
2 egg whites
1 1/2 C powder sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp vanilla
One piping bags fitted with the number 2 tip
Three piping bags fitted with the number 1 tip
Black, brown , pink and leaf green gel food coloring
a picture of slinky’s face image from google
pen or pencil to trace the image for the icing transfer
piece of white paper
Directions To Make Transfer
- Locate the image of Slinky’s face on google and print it out.
2. Take your piece of paper and place on top of the image.
3. Using a pen or pencil trace the image onto the white paper about 3-4 times 4 inches apart.
4. Place the paper with the copies onto the cookie sheet.
5. Fit a sheet of parchment paper onto the cookie sheet and tape the edges so that you have a smooth flat area.
6. Using the standing mixer, combine the powder sugar, egg whites, cream of tarter and vanilla and mix on medium speed if the royal icing is still a yellow soup, add in 1/2 C powder sugar continue to mix until you get stiff peaks.
7. Evenly divide the icing into the 5 bowls, in the first bowl, add a few drops of brown food coloring and mix until combined. In the second bowl, add a few drops pink gel food coloring and mix until combined. In the third bowl, add a few drops of leaf green gel food coloring and mix until combined. In the fourth bowl, add in about 4-6 drops of Black gel food coloring and mix until combined, and leave the 5th bowl white.
8. Scoop some of the brown icing into the piping bag with the number 2 tip on it and set aside.
9.Using the other piping bags with the number 1 tip on them, scoop the black, white, pink and green icing colors into the bags.
10. Using the number 1 black icing tip, pipe out the outline, and face detail of Slinky.
11. Using the brown icing, fill in Slinky’s face.
12. Using the pink icing, pipe in his tongue.
13. Using the green icing, fill in his collar.
14. Using the white icing, fill in his eyes and add a black dot for the pupils then set aside for 1 day to dry.
Props used for the milkshake decorations:
Cinnamon Graham cracker Scooby snacks
Chocolate frosted doughnut
Green apple Gillyum stick
Chocolate dipped pretzel rod with chocolate rock candy
Brown rock candy
1 can of whipped cream
1 container of white frosting
Red, Blue, white and yellow sprinkle jimmies and Nonpareils (a total of 8 bags so 2 bags each)
Combine all of the sprinkles into a plastic bowl with a lid and shake until combined and set aside
Dog bone Decoration:
3 mini bags of the Scooby Doo cinnamon graham cracker sticks
white candy melt wafers
- Using a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle in a few pieces of the candy melts and melt it.
2. Using tape and two bamboo sticks, tape the two sticks together. This will help hold the dog bones in place.
3. Flip the dog bone around so that the scooby part is facing the bamboo and add a dollop of melted candy melt onto the dog bone.
4. Place bone onto the bamboo sticks.
5. Repeat steps with 5 other bones.
6. Add a few bones onto the other bones for added detail.
7. Set aside to dry for an hour.
Caramel stick decoration:
Unwrap the caramels and place 6-8 onto the bamboo stick
Rock chocolate pretzel rod:
1 C ghiradelli dark chocolate melting chips
1 C of chocolate rock candy
1 tray of parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl until smooth
2. Dip the pretzel rod into the chocolate about 1/2 way
3. Sprinkle the rock candy onto the freshly dipped chocolate
4. Allow to dry for 1 hour
1 C Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
1 can of silver cake spray
parchment paper lined cookie sheet
1 squeeze bottle
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl until smooth
2. Pour into the squeeze bottle
3. Using the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe a thick spiral then place into the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Once the 10 minutes is up, remove from freezer and spray the silver spray onto the spiral.
5. Place back into freezer until ready to use
5 Scoops of vanilla frostings
5 tbsp caramel sauce
1/4 C milk
Blender or milkshake machine
- Combine all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Directions to decorate the rim of the milkshake glass:
- Using a butterknife and the white frosting, spread on frosting onto the rim of the glass, sprinkle the slinky sprinkles and lightly push down on the sprinkles so that they stick to the glass.
2. Randomly place bones onto the frosting and glass.
Directions for putting the shake together:
- Pour the milkshake about 3/4 way into the prepared glass.
2. Place the doughnut onto the top of the milkshake so that it sits on the rim of the glass.
3. Place the dog bone stick into the back right side of the doughnut.
4. Place the chocolate pretzel into the middle of the doughnut.
5. Place the caramel stick into the left side of the doughnut.
6. Place the brown rock candy in the right side in front of the dog bones.
7. Pipe whipped cream into the center of the doughnut.
8. Place the 2 Green apple Gillyum stick into the left side of the whipped cream.
9. Carefully remove your icing transfer and place front and center onto the whipped cream.
10. Carefully remove chocolate piece and place directly behind slinky’s head to look like his metal springs.