(*Disclosure- I am a Disney Partner and received 4 comp tickets to preview this event. All opinions and thoughts are my own.*)
Any time of year seems like a great time to go to the Magic Kingdom; however, if you really want to make some magical memories for the holidays, I recommend going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This was our first year attending and I have to say my family and I were left in awe attending this magical event.
As a parent, nothing gives me more joy than being able to see the look on my kid’s faces when they are overwhelmed with happiness. If you are debating what to do this holiday season with your family, I encourage you to go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Below are some memorable moments you can enjoy this year:
- Play in the Snow
Let’s face it, living in Florida we never get to see snow. What better way to surprise the kids than to stroll down Mainstreet and see snow falling. When my kids saw it, they started screaming and yelling. At first I thought something was wrong, then realized they were just excited at the site of it.
- Make a list to meet you favorite Character
Seeing all of your favorite characters can take up a lot of your time. Make a list of your top 5 and get in line as soon as you can. Here is a list of characters you can meet and where they are located:
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Santa Claus (Main Street Courtyard)
- Mickey Mouse (Town Square Theater)
- Aladdin + Abu, Jasmine + Genie (alternating every 30 minutes next to The Magic Carpets of Aladdin)
- Captain Jack Sparrow (across from Pirates of the Caribbean ride)
- Moana (near Swiss Family Treehouse)
- Peter Pan (roaming)
- The Country Bears (roaming)
- Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws (in gazebo between Liberty Square Bridge and Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe)
- Ariel and Prince Eric (across from Under the Sea~Journey of The Little Mermaid)
- Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Aurora and Prince Phillip, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Tiana and Naveen, Princess Elena of Avalor (Princess Fairytale Hall)
- Snow White and her Prince (near Princess Fairytale Hall)
- Belle (near Gaston’s Tavern)
- Pooh and Friends (next to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)
- The Seven Dwarfs (next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus)
- Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck (to the left of the restrooms near the train station in Storybook Circus)
- Donald and Scrooge McDuck (at Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station in Storybook Circus)
- Santa Goofy (next to Barnstormer exit in Storybook Circus)
- Mary Poppins and Bert (next to Mickey’s PhilarMagic)
- Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps (at the exit of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin)
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
We really loved seeing all of our favorite characters on stage in one place. This performance is the perfect treat to share with your family. You will get to see Woody, Daisy, Mickey and many others perform your favorite Christmas carols, while the castle comes to life with some amazing projections!
- Magically Delicious Treats
One of the highlights of the night was that my kids were over the moon because they were able to get as many cookies and hot chocolate as they wanted. My favorites were the soft pretzel and the sno-cone. I have to admit the cookies were so amazing, I brought some home! My husband’s favorites were the Santa Claus cookies and the egg nog at Friar’s Nook.
You can find the treats using the brochure you will get when you enter the park or by the lighted big candy canes.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish
While this show is only 10 minutes long, it is super entertaining and cute! You can expect an enchanting performance, starring sisters Anna and Elsa on the Castle Forecourt Stage. This show also features special appearances by Kristoff and Olaf. This merry-and-bright seasonal show culminates with Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom—transforming Cinderella’s Castle into a glimmering ice palace for the holidays.
- Get a good seat for Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
Another wonderful moment was watching the parade. The kids absolutely loved it! It can be very difficult sometimes to find a good spot to sit with the family to watch. Some of the best spots to watch the parade are in Frontierland or right in front of the Hall of Presidents by Liberty Square. Everyone gathers in front of the castle, or on Mainstreet, so if you want to avoid the chaos get there early.
- Holiday Wish Fireworks
I can tell you that we have seen fireworks at the Magic Kingdom a handful of times. For some reason, we were just captivated by these. The holiday music was mixed with a wonderful projection show on the castle. It was just a wonderful combination for all ages to enjoy this amazing display of fireworks. We sat right in front of Casey’s on the grassy area, and we did not have to push through crowds or get trampled by a crowd of people. I recommend going there right after the parade ends.
If you want to surprise the family and the kids, here is a printable you can download to use as an invitation for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party from Santa.
7 Tips for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party & Printable
- A Frozen Holiday Wish – 6:15 p.m., 8:15 p.m.
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration – 7:40 p.m., 9:25 p.m., 10:30 p.m., 11:55 p.m.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade – 8:30 p.m., 11 p.m.
- Holiday Wishes—Celebrate the Spirit of the Season – 10 p.m.
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas – 7:45 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 9:25 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 11:35 p.m.
- VoicePlay – 8:10 p.m., 9 p.m., 10:20 p.m., 11:10 p.m.
- Club Tinsel – 7 p.m.-12 a.m.
- Snowfall on Main Street – intermittently
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 Dates, Tickets and Pricing
- November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26, 28
- December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
Prices vary on the date that you attend. Prices start at $95 and go up to $109 closer to Christmas; however, if you are an annual pass holder, you will get a discount. To buy tickets click here