This post is in partnership with Mealthy, I was given a handblend to review however all opinions are my own.
Meet the newest member of the Mealthy Family, the Mealthy HandBlend. The HandBlend immersion blender is the quick, easy, and incredibly handy way to puree, blend, chop, whisk, and much more! Immersion blending makes silky-smooth soups right in the pot, but we didn’t stop at just the blender, because we want you to have the absolute best product at the best value. We’ve included all the accessories to make everything from sauces to smoothies, and eggs to whipped cream!
Check out this Unboxing Video
I recently used my Mealthy handblend to make some lasgna, I used it to chopped up onions, garlic, and parsley to add to my ground beef. Here is a video of how it chops up up vegetables or even fruit!
I like to make our lasagna in a meatloaf pan. Why? The portions are big enough for dinner (a big dinner!) and the extras are easy to take out and freeze for individual portions. Making lasagna takes a little bit more prep than some dinners, but it is SO good! Having a few pieces in the freezer that you can pull out for a quick dinner or lunch makes it really easy. Just thaw and warm in the microwave. Typically, I will double our recipe and make a bunch to store! This recipe will make 8 meatloaf pan portions.
- Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Jars Marinara Sauce
- 1 Container Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion, Parsley, and Garlic
- Seasoned Salt (Equal parts salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)
- 1 ½ tbsp Savory
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Begin cooking the meat. In a saucepan, place 1 pound each ground beef and Italian sausage. (We also like to do a mix of ground turkey and Italian sausage as well.)
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, chopped up onions, parsley, and garlic.
- Fully cook the meat, drain and set aside.
- While the meat is cooking, boil a large pot of water and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To make the cheese mixture, empty a container of Ricotta cheese into a bowl.
- Add one egg and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In the bottom of the pan, add a little marinara sauce.
- Next, add a cooked lasagna noodle.
- Drop a few dollops of Ricotta cheese mixture. Sprinkle with a little Italian seasoning and savory.
- Spoon a bit of marinara sauce on top.
- Pour in some of the Italian sausage/ground beef mixture.
- Cut a few slices of fresh Mozzarella on top of the meat.
- Cover with a lasagna noodle.
- Repeat this process.
- After you top the lasagna with a noodle, spoon marinara sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- If you use a silicone meatloaf pan, the portions slide out super easy for serving! Serve with a side salad or garlic bread.